Thursday, December 6, 2012

cold sheep update; process vs project?

Update: I have now knit over 20k yards and if I finish all my wip before year end I suspect the number will reach 24k.   AStounding!.   Much thanks goes to the stash down group on ravelry and their various challenges etc. In looking at my remaining stash and the early 2013 I truly can see the light at the of tunnel.   Heck I even today lowered some trade yarn prices; I just want to move it and move on.  
But to what?   I am thinking hard about what I want to knit.   I dont need socks , sweaters shawls., even though I like to knit them all.. So so I knit for the process or the project? My niece is having a baby in April  and it might be nice to knit some things for him.   It's been awhile.  ( a little part of me says maybe I dont even want to knit as much?)

I have been queuing some items for 2013 on r avelry .   I am going to pare it down to 6 things which I hope will include items I have never done before, like
  • stranded socks   fireweeds
  • maybe illusion knitting a baby blanket
  • an epic lace blanket/shawl
  • online class
  • lace weight top down cardigan
  • gloves or flip top mittens
  • jane thornely free form project

I have committed to cold sheep through DD graduate June 14 2013; wish me luck   

No comments:

Post a Comment