Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dead heat mad dash to the finish


Well officially there is 11 days left in the dead heat dash. I suppose I officially came out of the “black hole” last weekend when I finished my 2nd summer of socks project, medallion lace socks. I was glad to get them done. It is the first pair of socks that I can say I wont knit again. The design is nice but it creates little puckers; so you would have to block the socks each time. I dont block socks. The knit one crochet ty dye yarn was nice; while a little splitty I think it will wear well.

SO only 11 days and I must finish tamarah. I am still sloggn along 8 rows at a time on each end. Justify Full I think if I calculated to leave about 50 g of each ball for step 3 that should work. Wouldnt that be a hoot if I had to rip because I ran out of yarn. I have a feeling the shawl may block a little big. Pattern said 19 in wide but in retrospect I like mine narrower . Oh well

Then I cast on with leftover cherry tree hill from my marvelous mitts to do a pattern in one skein sock wonder beaded mitts. I am past the thumb on mitt 1 and see they are going to be small. I dont want to rip as getting the beads on with crochet hook has most likely damaged the yarn. They look lovely but…. I think I will cast on mitt 2 and use +8 stitches and maybe sz 2 needles for body of hand.

Technorati Tags:


No comments:

Post a Comment